Microsoft has been upgrading Windows every 2-3 years to provide the users with the best features and benefits. Currently, Windows 10 is the latest operating system that you can have on your personal computers.
If you have got a new laptop or a new PC, you can download and install Windows 10 directly on your device. In case if you already have a system and you wish to get the newer version, you can simply update your Windows 10 to get the new Windows 10 running on your device.
Technical Specifications for Windows 10:
Launched on 29th of July 2015, Windows 10 still continues to show off various surprise elements for its users. There are so many different features of the operating system that you will surely fall in love with the work that you are doing on the computer having Windows 10 installed on it. Let us have a look at the various specifications that the operating system has been offering to its users.
The most important specification that the OS has offered is the return back of the start menu. Click on the start menu option and you can see two columns pop up side by side. One column should have different items such as the shutdown or sleep option, most recently used apps and others. The second column is somewhat like a number of tiles that you must have noticed in Windows 8. You can customize these tiles to create your own column. Also, you can expand the columns on the whole screen.
The Introduction Of Cortana:
Do you feel really lazy to come out of your blanket on a winter evening? Microsoft has planned completely this time to pamper you and provide you the best of facilities. Windows 10 comes with Cortana, the speaking device, through which you can access your computer through your voice control and that also without even using your fingers on the keyboard.
Do you love playing games but are not able to play it much on your computer? Windows 10 will be featured in such a way that you will be able to play Xbox games due to Direct4X. You can even stream online games and can have a great time showing off to your friends, your new gaming device.
The New Browser:
Windows 10 will be available with its new browser project Spartan. It will offer you a number of facilities such as PDF support, long note options, and many others.
Apart from these features, there are many others such as:
- Improved multitasking,
- Universal Apps,
- Touch support for Office apps,
- Unified settings, and many others.
Minimum System Requirements For Windows 10:
If you wish to have Windows 10 on your computer, you need to make sure to have some of the minimum requirements for your system.
Some of the important system requirements that you should have to get Windows 10 on your system are:
- A processor of 1 GHz,
- RAM of 1 GB and 2 GB for 32 bit and 64 bit respectively,
- Your hard disk should have space of 16 GB and 20 GB for 32 bit and 64 bit respectively,
- You should have DirectX 9 graphics card,
- The display of your computer should be of 800×600.
Method 1: Upgrading from Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10 or Windows 10 Upgrade Free 2018
As mentioned before, there are two ways of getting Windows 10 on your PC. You can either download it and install it directly on your computer or can also update your existing Windows operating system.
If you have a computer that runs on Windows operating system, it is the best way to upgrade it to Windows 10. In order to upgrade your operating system to Windows 10, you should have Windows 8.1 on your computer in its latest form. Also, people who have Windows 7 SP1, they can also upgrade it to Windows 10.
- In order to upgrade your operating system to Windows 10, you need to get the license key for the upgrade. You can get this from the Microsoft store.
- The next thing that you need to do is to take back up of all the important files from your computer. This is important because sometimes it may happen that the update may delete the files from your drives.
- Now, you can search for Activation shortcut through the Home button of your system. You need to put the activation code in the shortcut and can upgrade the operating system to Windows 10.
- You can also visit the Microsoft Store and Download tool and continue to upgrade your system to Windows 10.
Method 2: Steps To Make Windows 10 Installation Disc:
The next method is to install the operating system through Disc. For this, you need to create a Disc first through which you can install Windows 10 on some other PC. The method is quite simple if you can follow these steps carefully.
- Go to the Microsoft Store and click on the Download Tool options for the version you have. After the download is completed, you can see a dialog box is opened on your screen. Here, you need to select the option of installing through Disc.
- Select the various options such as language, edition, and others and follow the next instructions,
- As you click on save, the download progress starts. After the download is completed, you need to burn the ISO file. As the burning option is done, you can click on finish and the disc is ready for the installation of Windows 10.
The latest version of Windows is full of surprises and great features and options. To enjoy the best benefits, you need to get the OS on your device soon. You can either upgrade your PC or can make a disc to install on your device.