Installing Full version of Windows 10 for 32 or 64 Bit processor
Are you facing difficulties in installing Windows 10 in your system? Then this article is meant for you. In this article, we have come up with the complete procedure about how to download and install Windows 10 for both Windows 32-bit and 64-bit. We have come up with both clean installation and upgrade installation procedure for our readers.
Do you know what is clean and upgrade installation? If not, then let me explain these two terms in detail before I move further:
- Clean installation: Clean installation is that kind of installation when you are installing the operating system on the computer where there is no existence of previous operating system’s application or settings. That means either you are installing the operating system in the machine for the first time or if you had any operating system earlier you have deleted all its settings and applications.
- Upgrade installation: Upgrade installation is that type of installation in which the Window 10 installation will be done over some previous version of Windows. In this case, the applications and settings of the previous operating system are retained.
Links for Downloading full version of Windows 10 for Free
For downloading Windows 10 Free Upgrade or Download Full Version ISO (32 – 64 Bit) 2018 you need to visit the Microsoft website and find out the download option for Windows 10 OS or you can directly click on the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10 and download the .exe file.
Let’s now check minimum technical specification that you require for installing Window Operating System.
Latest version of Windows 10: Various Technical Specifications
As per as technical specification is concerned, the following are some details of Windows OS:
- Windows 10 OS will be available for both 32 bits (x86) as well as 64 bits (x64).
- The Windows 10 OS license is for free.
- Windows 10 OS is developed by Microsoft.
- For setup process, Windows 10 will require an offline installer or full standalone setup.
- Windows 10 OS has come up with three versions – Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Professional, and Windows 10 Enterprise.
Minimum Mandatory System Requirements for installing Windows 10
Before installing Windows 10 you should first check the following minimum requirements that are mandatory for installing Windows 10:
- Processor requirement: Window 10 will require minimum 1 Giga Hertz (GHz) or System on a Chip (SOC).
- The requirement of RAM: Window 10 will require minimum 1 GB of RAM for the 32-bit processor and 2 GB RAM for a 64-bit
- Hard Disk Space requirement: Window 10 will require minimum 16 GB space for 32-bit processor and 20 GB space for a 64-bit
- Graphics card requirement: Window 10 will require a minimum of DirectX 9 or the later version with Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.0 driver.
Additional Requirement for installing Windows 10 in your machine
Apart from the above-mentioned mandatory requirements, Windows 10 may need some additional requirements for supporting some certain features, which are described as follows:
- Support for Cortana: You can get Cortana on Windows 10 in some specific countries. At present Cortana is available for the United States, United Kingdom, India, China, France, Australia, Italy, Germany, Canada, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, and Japan.
- Speech recognition capacity: The capacity for speech recognition in Windows 10 will differ depending on the device microphone. However, it is recommended to have High fidelity microphone array as well as Hardware driver with microphone array that is geometry exposed for getting improved speech experience.
- Windows Hello face recognition: An illuminated infrared camera is required for facial recognition, iris recognition, retina recognition and fingerprint recognition that supports the Windows Biometric Framework. Windows Hello face recognition will enable you to sign into Windows 10 with a simple touch or just looking at the webcam.
Let’s understand the detailed process about how to install Windows 10. We have described two types of installation in this article.
Method 1: Clean installation
You can use clean installation when you are installing Window 10 OS for the first time in your machine or when there is no existing Windows OS application or settings.
The following are the steps to install Windows 10 OS in your system:
Step 1: Download the Windows 10 OS .exe file by clicking on the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10 and download the .exe.
Step 2: Click on the .exe file.
Then the following screen will appear as shown in Figure 1:
Figure 1: Windows 10 Setup
Step 3: Click on the Next button as shown in Figure 1.
Then the following screen will appear as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2. Choosing which media to use
Then you get two options – Use flash drive and ISO file.
Step 4: Select the radio button ISO file as shown in Figure 2.
Then the downloading will start as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3. Downloading Windows 10
Now the downloading will take a little time depending on the seed of the Internet of the users.
When the download will be over user will get an ISO file of Windows 10 and the user to burn that ISO file on the DVD disk. This needs to be done when the user is downloading Windows 10 for the first time and then he needs to install USB/DVD download tool which is absolutely free.
Step 5: Click on the browse button and locate the path of ISO file as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4. Choosing the ISO file
Step 6: Click on the next button
Then the following screen will appear as shown in Figure 5
Figure 5. Selecting DVD
Step 7: Click on DVD button to make it bootable to install Window 10.
Then the burning process will start, and the installation will be completed after a few minutes.
Method 2: Upgrade installation
You can use the upgrade installation when you want to install Windows 10 over an existing Windows OS. You can upgrade your computer to Windows 10 for free if you have Windows 7 or Windows 8.x operating system.
The following are the steps to upgrade your OS from any previous version of Windows 7 or Windows 8 or 8.1 to Windows 10:
Step 1: Go to Control Panel -> Windows Update as shown in Figure 6:
Figure 6: Windows Update in Control Panel
Now the users will be able to see the major update of Windows 10. However, it will be only visible to the users of those countries where the version of Windows 10 is released. Other users will not be also to see this major update.
Step 2: Click on Install the update button from the left corner.
Then the following screen will appear as shown in Figure 7:
Figure 7: Downloading Windows 10
Step 3: Click on Reservation Confirmed tab
Then the downloading process will start, and it will take a little time to download depending on the Internet speed.
When the downloading process will be completed, it will reboot your computer automatically. This is how you can efficiently upgrade your computer from any Windows 7 or Windows 8 and 8.1 OS to Windows 10.