Tablets or Tabs are the most portable workstations as they give you complete freedom of working anywhere. They are lightweight and they have almost all the functions of a computer or of a laptop. A Tab easily fits in your handbag or even in your hand. In this following article, we will be seeing specs and reviews of the top 10 best tablets in India.
All the tablets recently principally run on either Android operating system or iOS (the operating system of Apple). Trendsetters of the tablet market are Samsung, Apple, and Lenovo principally with their sleek design and maxed outperformance. Here we will be reviewing different tablets under different categories.
Best Android Tablet in India:
The Android operating system is patented by Google and by far it is the best user-friendly operating system comparing to all other operating systems. Let us look at the best android running tablet in India.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3:
- This tablet from Samsung comes with a 9.70-inch display, with a resolution of 2048 pixels by 1536 pixels.
- The Galaxy Tab S3 is powered by a 1.6 GHz quad-core processor and with 4GB of RAM. The tablet comes with an internal memory of 32 GB which is also expandable up to 256 GB via micro SD card. The tablet has a 13-megapixel rear or primary camera and a 5-megapixel front or selfie shooter.
- It weighs about 434 grams and runs on Android 7.0. Galaxy Tab S3 comes with a 6000mAh battery. This has been voted the best tablet in India due to its specs and performance. The sleek design gives it a very classy and elegant look.
Best iOS tablet in India:
Apple’s signature operating system iOS is also pretty famous in India. The Apple tablets come with certain features which Android tablets don’t have. This includes imessage, facetime (best 4G video-calling app) and so on. Let us look at the best iOS tablet in India.
- iPad Pro probably is the best-looking tablet in the market right now. It comes with a super-wide 12.90-inch display with a resolution of 2732 by 2048 pixels at the PPI of 264 pixels.
- The main problem though with this tablet is the storage. It comes with a 64GB stock internal storage but it can’t be expanded. This has been the problem with all the Apple products.
- iPad Pro comes with a 12-megapixel rear and a 7-megapixel front camera and it runs on iOS 10. iPad Pro weighs about 677 grams.
Best windows tablet:
Windows operating system is another option in case of tablet operating systems and there are some very good models which run on Windows OS. Let us look at the best tablet running Windows;
Microsoft Surface Pro:
- The Microsoft Surface Pro is truly a small version of your Windows desktop or laptop. It comes with a vibrant display of 12.30-inch with a resolution of 2736 by 1824 pixels and a PPI of 267.
- The tablet runs on a dual-core processor and is packed with 8 GB of RAM.
- The storage of this tablet also is non-expandable, though it comes with a huge 256 GB of internal storage. As far as the cameras of this gadget are concerned, the surface pro packs an 8MP primary camera with a 5 MP front camera for selfies. The device weighs about 768 grams.
Best calling 4G tablet:
There are many 4G calling tablets in the current market but iOS tablets provide the best 4G calling experience and among all the iOS tablets, it is iPad Mini 4 which is the best calling 4G tablet.
- With the Apple’s signature iOS apps like facetime and iMessage, the iPad Mini 4 is the best calling tab in terms of portability and easy-to-use features.
- The iPad Mini 4 comes with a 7.90-inch display and gives a resolution of 1536 by 2048 pixels. It runs on the iOS version 9.0.
- It has 8 MP of rear camera and 1.2 MP front camera and weighs about 304 grams.
So, these are some tablets which give the best performance but these are not budget-friendly tablets. Let us look at some of the budget tablets;
Best Tablet in India under 20000 INR:
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2017:
- This tablet is from the house of Samsung and comes with an 8-inch display giving a resolution of 800 pixels by 1280 pixels. The tablet is powered by a 1.4 GHz processor combined with a 2 GB RAM.
- The tablet comes with a 16GB of internal storage which is obviously expandable up to 256 GB via micro SD card.
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2017 packs an 8 MP rear camera with a 5 MP front camera, the device runs on Android 7.1 and it comes with a 5000mAh battery.
Best tablets in India under 15000 INR:
Lenovo Tab 4 8:
- Lenovo Tab 4 8 comes with an 8-inch display which gives a resolution of 800 by 1280 pixels. The device runs on a 1.4 GHz processor and comes with 2 GB of RAM.
- The tablet packs 16 GB of internal memory, which is expandable via micro SD cards up to 128 GB.
- The Lenovo Tab 4 8 has a 5 MP rear camera and 2 MP front selfie shooter. It comes with a 4850 mAh battery and runs on Android 7.0. The device weighs about 310 grams.
Honor MediaPad T3:
- Honor Mediapad T3 is a new venture in the tablet world by the house of Huawei. This tablet looks pretty sleek and packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor which clocks at 1.4 GHz with a 2 GB RAM.
- It also has 16 GB internal storage which is expandable via micro SD up to 128 GB. The device packs a battery of 4800mAh and has 5 MP rear and 2 MP front camera.
- It weighs about 350 grams and runs on Android Nougat or 7.0.
Amazon Fire 7 2017:
- It is a tablet from Amazon which is mainly based on the Kindle concept. It comes in a resolution of 800 by 1280 pixels.
- Powered by 1.2 GHz of RAM, the Fire 7 2017 weighs about 365 grams. It doesn’t have that much impressing feature. It packs only a 2 MP rear camera and runs on Android 5.1.
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 8:
- The Lenovo yoga Tab 3 8 is a good budget tablet which comes with an 8-inch screen and resolution of 800 by 1280 pixels. It runs on Android 5.1 with a 1.3 GHz Quad-core processor powered by 1 GB of RAM.
- Rear camera of the device is of 8 MP and the device weighs about 472 grams. It comes with a 6200mAh battery.
Best Tablet in India under 10000:
Lenovo Tab 7:
- The Lenovo Tab 7 is the most budget-friendly tab in India which is listed below the price-point of 10000 INR. It features a Quad-core processor of 1.3 GHz along with a RAM of 2GB. It runs on Android 7.0 and has a 3500mAh battery. This tablet packs an internal storage of 1.6 GB that can be increased to 128 GB with the help of an SD card. It also has a 5 MP rear camera and a 2 MP front camera.
Best Tablets in India – Extra:
Alcatel A3 10:
- This is a new addition to the tablet fraternity of India. The Alcatel A3 10 is a 10.10-inch tablet which comes with a resolution of 800 by 1280 pixels and runs on Android 5.0.
- It has a 4060mAh battery; it packs a 32GB internal memory which can be expanded up to another 32 GB via SD card. It runs on a processor of 1.3 GHz with 1 GB RAM and weighs about 475 grams.
So, here are the specs and reviews of the top 10 tablets currently available in the Indian market. The budget-friendly tablets are really impressive regarding their specs and performance but they can never compete with the best tablets of the markets for obvious reasons of build quality, battery life, and performance aspects. Apple leads the way of 4G voice call and video calling but Samsung leads in terms of storage. Lenovo and Honor are new additions which are also doing great in this space. It is great to see that the tablets becoming available for everyone in India which is surely a progress of technology.