iMessage was started by Apple where users could send messages using the Wi-Fi or the data plan that you have in your 3G device. You can also send picture messages too with the help of this app. If you want to know the difference between the text messages that we normally use and the iMessages, then the first thing that can be cited is that text messages can be sent to anybody but iMessages can only be sent from one Apple device to the other who have the iMessage app activated in their phone.
There are some difference between text messages and iMessage and they are explained below –
- iMessage gets delivered in the account of the recipient ensuring that they have received it which is not the case with the text messages
- You can create a group of friends who have iMessage and exchange message amongst yourself
- You will see a bubble coming up when the other person is typing the message. This is another feature which is missing from the regular text message option.
- Another thing that you won’t find on text messages, but is very much a part of the iMessage is the option which lets you make the other people know the time that you read their message.
So if you think these options are interesting and you have a number of friends who are using iMessage, then you can just turn it on and involve in a conversation with your friends. In order to turn it on you have to –
- Go to the Settings menu
- Then scroll to Messages option
- Turn the switch on and if you want, you can also activate the option of Read Receipts so that they know the time when you have read their message.
Features of iMessage
The iMessage is almost like the messenger app that we find in the Android devices. Here also you can send and receive messages only if the other person is using iMessage. There are some distinctive features of iMessage and they are as follows –
- You can send normal messages
- Sharing documents is possible through this
- Photos and videos can be uploaded easily
- Contact information can also be sent
- Group messages feature available
- Only accessible through iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
- If you have iMessage set up, then even the SMS will be delivered in the form of iMessage only thus helping you to avoid the SMS charges
- The Encrypted iMessage is circulated to maintain the data security
- Act as a data transfer medium which is free of cost
You must be thinking now that if only you could get this on your PC, then how simple the communication would have become with all your iPhone user friends. Though Apple has not come out with any official version of iMessage for your PC still you will be able to get your way through this. You can download iMessage for Windows but for that you have to work your way around and try this trick that is explained below.
Download iMessage for Windows 7/8/XP
When you try to download iMessage from your PC with Windows 7/8/XP then before doing that you need to jailbreak your iOS device. Another important thing that you must keep in mind that when you jailbreak your device the very moment the warranty becomes void for the device. SO, first make sure that you want to do that and then only go further because in case anything wears out on your iPhone you will not be able to avail the warranty instead you have to pay for the service charges. Now when you have made up your mind, then first jailbreak your device and then follow the following steps:
- You will have to download Remote Messages on iPhone or your iPad
- Now start the installation process
- Now when you have Remote Messages already installed on iOS device you need to go to settings first
- In the settings menu, you have to look for Remote Messages
- When you are on the Remote Message screen, it will display Current IP there
- Make a note of it
- Now open a window in your PC and type the IP address in the browser
- This will connect you to Remote Messages and you will be able to send iMessage from a Windows PC
In order to carry on the process, you will have to keep your iPhone handy and stay connected on the Wi-Fi network similar to your device. Though you might encounter some hitches when you try to avail iMessage on your PC, but as of now this is the best option available for all your users who want to download iMessage from your PC.