Even though Android has a lot of features and apps, you might just want to use some of the much ‘longed for’ iOS apps. Here we are going to discuss the ways following which you can run them on your Android.
iPhones are celebrated for their superior quality and speed and you may not be able to buy them for several reasons. Whatever may that be, you can still utilize the flexibility of Android in a funny way using a few simple tricks and techniques. Whether you have just switched from iPhone to Android or just want to get the feel of the high-class iOS, you can do so by using the various approaches discussed in this article.
iOS Emulators For Android:
An Emulator is a software that enables a system (host) to run applications designed for another system (guest). In this case, an emulating app helps the Android in running apps made for the iOS. Since they mimic the guest system, the apps feel real and deliver the authentic experience of an iOS. We are going to discuss two of the best emulators for Android – iEMU and Cider and an online emulator Appetize.io. There are some prerequisites which you should consider before installing any of these.
- Android version 2.3 Gingerbread or higher is required
- Minimum 512 MB of RAM should be available
- iEMU and Cider take up 60MB and 12MB of space respectively
- USB host mode
- Access to iOS apps on your Android devices and vice versa
- All the features of the apps bring out the dandy feel of iOS
- Device becomes cross-platform compatible
One of the best iOS emulators, iEMU aka Padoid emulator, was created by Chris Wade in an attempt to make iOS available across Linux, Windows, and Android. For most devices, it doesn’t need root access but in some brands like Samsung, you need to root your phone before installing the app. In that case, you can refer to Android Rooting Guide to get the job done well.
Here are the instructions to download and install iEMU without any hassle:
- Firstly, you need you download the iEMU APK file on your computer or Android. If the file is on your computer, you’ll have to transfer it to your Android device through the Bluetooth or the USB.
- To install, enable “Allow installations of apps from unknown sources” option in the security settings of your android.
- Now navigate to the folder where the APK file is saved and click on install.
- As the installation process is finished, the iEMU icon will be displayed on the home screen or the apps drawer.
- In addition to iEMU, another app AIO Downloader will be displayed in installed applications. Tap on it to run.
This app enables you to download iOS apps and run them on your Android smoothly. The only drawback is that it supports only .zip and .ipas files.
Cider or Cycada Emulator was developed by a team of researchers at Columbia University (USA) led by Professor Jason Nieh. The app provides a layer of compatibility which lets iOS run on Android smoothly. The app is still in its final stage of development but works well. To run Cider APK, follow these instructions:
- Download the Cider APK on your computer or Android. Transfer the file to your device.
- Since Cider is not available on Play Store, it is mandatory to enable unknown sources installation. Go to Settings >> Security Settings >> Tap “Allow installations of apps from unknown sources”.
- Install the app.
Launch the app and download the iOS apps you want to run. Cider is a really neat emulator but as compared to iEMU, it doesn’t support Bluetooth, GPS or any location services.
Free from the hassle of downloading apps which can potentially slow your device or welcome viruses, Appetize.io is an awesome way of online iOS emulation on Android. It is a dedicated iOS and Android simulator. You don’t have to worry about running out of space or installing an antivirus software. To use iOS apps via Appetize, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Open your browser and visit Appetize.io
- A 60-second demo is provided on the site, tap on the “Click to Play” button
- Upload your iOS app and use it online
The experience of iOS apps on Android is something worth trying. Many apps from Play Store and App Store can be emulated across the platforms. Also, some of the apps still cannot run on different systems and it takes a bit of trial and error to know them. Even with a few limitations, getting iOS apps on Android is a relief for many users. We hope with all this knowledge, you won’t think twice before trying to get a lot more out of your Android.