Skype is a hybrid instant messaging and voice app chat which allows you to video call any people or just call them even if you are mile apart and in another country as well. All the two persons need to have is internet access and then they can connect with one another through the same. Skype has turned to be the most popular app for video chatting and until a few years ago was the only app that used to let you to see other people from far away. Even you are far away from family and friends, you can easily be a part of them through this app. Skype brings advantage not only for family purposes but it can also help you for business purposes if you are missing out on an important meeting as such. Also Skype is free, it requires no cost from you to connect to another person so you can easily use this app for various purposes.
Advantages of Skype for Business Purposes:
The benefits of Skype for business purposes are as follows:
- Cross Platform – Skype is an app which allows you to collaborate with other team members and then you can communicate with one another regardless of the type of device you are using. Also the type of platform they are using such as Windows, Android, iOS or mac dos not matter when Skype is being used. Also through Skype you can let your employers to communicate with one another no matter where they are.
- Cutting costs on business travels – A business demands travelling and moving from one place to another, because conducting business means you need to know what customers are thinking and what their impression of you is. For this you do not have to travel any more, all you need to do is use this video call app so you can easily video call with your supplier, investor and partners.
- Increasing productivity – With the help for Skype for business and Outlook, you can actually schedule meetings and video conference in to a normal workday. You can synchronize all your devices with Skype and therefore you can use any device to conduct the video calls. Skyping your business will help you to save time to a large extent. It can also help you to achieve all the tasks with comfort. You can place a call to any individual by clicking on the option of “from” in any email address. This feature will help you to communicate with colleagues, suppliers, partners and customers.
- Authenticating purposes – Skype for business helps to increase the communication in between the users. It also prevents the colleagues from sharing the resources within the platform with all the individuals. Skype for Business gives business organizations the option of allowing access to those only corporate devices or certain devices that meet the company’s security requirements.
- Track expenditure – Keeping track of the income and the consequent outcome is an important part of the business. You can keep good track of expenditure is simple if you are using Skype for Business as Voice-over-IP .
Advantages of Skype for Home Purposes:
Apart from business purposes Skype also has a number of other purposes as well which re:
- Keeping relationships alive – If your best friend has moved to another city, or you yourself are moving away from your family, what do you do in such scenario/? You use Skype to video call them or voice call them absolutely free of charge and get to see them and hear their voices, in this way you get to keep your personal relationships alive and get a feeling that they are near you and therefore can feel them.
- Message within moments – However, you cannot always call or video call someone, you might be in the middle of an important meeting or simply unable to receive the phone call, so in such respect you can use the messaging option o Skype where you can message your contact and sport out a small matter instantly.
How to Delete Skype Account Permanently?
If you want to delete Skype account then these are the steps you need to follow:
- In the very first step, you need to unlink your Microsoft account from the Skype account.
- If you are part of any subscription plan that are active then you immediately need to cancel them otherwise your account will not be deleted and your cancellation of these subscriptions will lead to a refund.
- If you have a separate Skype number then you need to cancel that one as well.
- Before closing the account you need to remove all remaining payments by disabling the Auto- Renew feature.
- You also need to update your mood message.
- Then set your status to offline or make it invisible so that your acquaintances do not get confused as to whether you are available or not.
- If you have logged in to Skype from any other device then you need to log out from all of them.
- Your personal details need to remove from your Skype account.
- After you have done all of these, you are now ready to delete your Skype account for good. For that you need to sign in to your Skype account through any web browser.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the web page, Open account settings from your account which you will find Settings and preference heading.
- Scroll down to your Microsoft option and click on the option of unlink.
- A confirmation message will appear, you need to confirm it to unlink your Microsoft account.
- If however it shows that your account is not linked then you can safely proceed to the next step, it means that you had not linked your account to Microsoft, so no worries.
- Unlinking the account might sign you out of Skype; if that is the case then you just need to sign in again to continue the deletion process.
- After you have cancelled your Skype subscriptions and have removed recurring payments, then you can contact Skype Customer service and request for a closing of your account.
Skype is no longer a much relevant app, especially in the age of Whatsapp and Google Duo, also since it requires a link of Microsoft account it becomes tough for Android users to do the same, Whatsapp kind of became the all in one app, so it is of course much more preferred than Skype. So in case you do not want to keep your Skype account these are the way you need to uninstall.