Nearly all businesses these days make use of Google Ads and they should because it’s a really convenient and cost-effective way to advertise your business. Although this is true, not all advertisers fully understand exactly what Google Ads are all about, including how to improve your Google Ads keyword quality score. In fact, some advertisers may not have even heard of a ‘keyword quality score’. Let’s face it – it’s the only place to be. If you fall into this category, then this blog is definitely worth the read.
Whether you’re a business owner or you’re a digital marketing professional, you’ll want to learn more about this very popular and cost-effective form of digital marketing. With this in mind, it’s vital to complete a digital marketing course that will enable you to get the most out of your Google Ads.
Why you should consider advertising with Google Ads?
At the heart of every digital marketing campaign is the desire to drive more traffic to your site. This can be achieved from organic search or via search engine results pages with Google Ads. This popular form of digital marketing allows your business to appear on the search engine results page – preferably on the first or second page which is a great place to be seen.
There are many compelling reasons why advertisers should use Google Ads as part of their digital marketing strategy, however, it’s important to keep in mind that there’s also a chance of spending a lot more money than you’d bargained for. In order to stay under budget, it’s vital to set a maximum spend amount before you get started which keeps below a set amount in a single day.
There are many benefits related to using Google Ads advertising that it’s impossible to list them all in this blog. But with around 3 billion Google searches done daily, being seen on this gigantic platform is by far the best benefit.
Here are a few more benefits of Google Ads:
- Cost-effective – With so many digital marketing tools available these days, search advertising is one of the most cost-effective forms. That’s great news for a budget-sensitive marketer.
- Flexible – Digital marketing is constantly changing, so a really great benefit of search advertising is its flexibility.
- Control – Every Aspect of search advertising can be controlled. The advertiser has complete power over keywords, ad extensions as well as the landing page for their ad.
- Measurable outcomes – Measurable data on your search advertising allows you to analyze what’s working and what’s not with your search advertising and therefore tweak accordingly.
What factors are at play with keyword quality scores?
While there is no precise formula for improving your keyword quality score, it’s important to keep in mind that there are a number of factors that can influence your score that is worth optimizing, such as:
- Keyword relevance
- Ad text
- Click-through rates
- Website landing page relevancy
How to improve your Google Ads keyword quality score
Google is by far the most popular search engine so when executing a digital marketing campaign on this engine it’s important to analyze certain metrics. Determining your Google Ads keyword quality score most definitely is an important metric to measure. Google is committed to delivering top-performing paid for ads as well as providing the advertiser with reliable metrics.
Did you know that the quality score of your keywords can have a huge impact on the performance of your advertising campaigns online?
It’s also worth noting that a higher keyword quality score has a massive effect on the cost of running your ads on the search engine giant. A higher score quality also results in your ad receiving a higher ranking on the search engine results pages.
Tips to increase your keyword quality score
Here are a few ways to improve your keyword quality score which will result in greater online advertising results.
- Keyword relevance – Keep your keywords relevant. Ensure all keywords are relative to the user’s inquiry.
- Website landing page relevancy – It’s critical to make sure that the landing page your ad visitor is directed to is relevant to their search. A landing page has to deliver and give the user what they are searching for.
- Click through rates – Click through rates will directly influence your quality score so it’s important to drive as many click-throughs as possible.